November 28, 2016
7 Things you Didn’t Know About Your Diamonds!
- The US is the #1 consumer in diamonds
- Green diamonds get their color from radiation in the earth
- In ancient times, Greeks believed diamonds to be tears of the Gods while Romans considered them to be shards of stars that had fallen from the sky
- The Egyptians began the custom of placing a diamond ring on the fourth finger, believing a ‘vein of love’ ran directly from there to the heart
- Only diamonds can cut another diamond and only diamond powder can polish a diamond
- Diamonds are heat conductors and can explode if heated past boiling point
- Diamonds are sold by weight, so the weight is also the size of the diamond. A carat is divided up into 100 points. A diamond weighing 50 points is half a carat. As well as the weight, cut, color and clarity are all very important.